This position is a hub interface between the data scientists and operational teams. We are a dynamic team handling critical machine learning annotation data across multiple platforms.
This role automates the data movement across various data storage and annotation platforms. This also requires an understanding of the platform’s design and architecture to be able to debug issues related to data movement and also to extend existing plugins to create a new UI.
Automating everything mentality is valuable here. We are looking for someone who is excited to learn and utilize new technologies to solve increasingly challenging problems.
The position requires a software programming skill set, utilization of statistical techniques, experience understanding data integrity, and implementing automated solutions. A strong grasp of relational database management systems, database design, and SQL is necessary.
Leveraging complex data set understanding, the successful candidate will select and configure appropriate technologies and programming languages to ensure successful business impact.
Working closely with partner platform and engineering teams, this role will both develop and directly maintain analytics pipelines within the operations team. Communicating with operational teams is one of the inevitable tasks. This includes designing and revising operational processes.
Database and ETL
- You design, develop and test ETL processes/workflows
- You optimize existing ETL processes and new programs to fit into a desired time frame
- You maintain and improve already existing processes
- You design, develop and modify different databases and data models
- You participate in research projects, e.g. exploring and evaluating new technologies
- You use and create REST APIs to streamline interactions with other tools and services
- You extend our annotation platform, including development of new plug-ins
- You manage the operation tasks
- You communicate with operation teams
- You design and revise the process of the operation tasks
- You link the technical processes and operational processes
- SQL knowledge (query performance tuning, index maintenance, etc.) as well as an understanding of database structure
- Knowledge of data modeling principles
- Organizational skills: time management and planning
- High attention to details
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving
- Ability to pick up new data tools and concepts quickly
- BS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience and expertise with analytic scripting Python and SQL.
- Experience with RDBMS databases and SQL programming highly preferred.
- Flexible working hours
- Stock options for all employees
- Talented colleagues and interesting work environment
- Supplementary health insurance
- Generous loans to employees
- Various on-site entertainments