Baloot.io is seeking talented, experienced and independent problem solver data center engineer who is passionate about data center infrastructure technologies and motivated to resolve and improve Baloot.io’s data center related tasks and issues. Moreover, help to develop current data center infrastructure and contribute to the future data center products is expected.
- Contribute and lead efforts in the deployment, maintenance, and support of current and new data center infrastructure
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a significant population of affected equipment
- Install and maintain servers, switches, routers and other large-scale equipment, troubleshooting common failures in enterprise hardware and resolving critical or escalated technical issues regarding affected equipment
- Diagnose and repair broken servers, replace storage media, replace bad sticks of RAM, etc.
- Monitor and manage equipment alarms from the surveillance system (DCIM)
- Update data center documentation (plans, instruction manuals and procedures)
- Configure and troubleshoot operating systems related issues on servers
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
- Cable Design for rack/stack system
- Assist with process improvements and best practices in data center operations
- Maintain an accurate inventory of tools, equipment, and network devices
- Understanding of enterprise hardware, including troubleshooting and repair skills
- Understanding of Enterprise Data Center Networking
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with selection & integration of network servers, switches, memory, power supplies, etc.
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, Bash, or other scripting languages is a plus
- Flexible working hours
- Appropriate and on-time payment
- Stock options for all employees
- Talented colleagues and interesting work environment
- Supplementary health insurance
- Various on-site entertainments